The number of people that are in tune with technology is rapidly growing on earth. The number of people using the Internet right now is 4.5 billion out of the 7.7 billion people on earth. That is almost 60%. And around 70% of the population with mobile phones access the internet through their phones, majorly from Android and iOS. Also, most of their work or usage happens through native mobile and web applications where several websites are being converted to Mobile web applications or apps, which we will learn about later on this page. Hence the importance of Android iOS native mobile and web applications.
Mobile Computing has become very prevalent. Lots of People are using apps to sustain their life. Smartphones are now a daily part of our lives. It’s time that you focus your attention on developing apps if you already haven’t. But which kind of app you should develop considering there are 3 major types – Native, Mobile Web App, and Hybrid.
In this article, we will discuss what are the best practices of developing Mobile Web App Services?
Before we delve into the question of what are the best tactics one should follow when developing Mobile Web App services. Let’s define and differentiate Mobile Web App Services from Native Apps and Hybrid Apps.
What are Native Apps?
A native application is an application written for a specific platform, making use of platform-specific APIs. Such as your mobile apps or tablet apps for specific platforms like IOS, Android, etc. Like WhatsApp, Google Maps, etc.
What are Hybrid Apps?
A hybrid app is an application written using web technologies and wrapped in a thin native web-browser. A hybrid app can quickly be ported to various platforms where they share the same underlying codebase. Like Instagram, Evernote, Gmail, Twitter etc.
What are Mobile Web Apps?
Mobile web apps are web apps optimized for a good phone experience. They aren’t mobile applications, but websites written in HTML/CSS and run by a browser. While they may be designed to resemble the feel of smartphone apps, they don’t have much in common. Big examples are Pinterest, Aliexpress, Book My Show, Flipkart and more.
Now we can discuss the Best Practices for developing a mobile web app.
What are the Best Practices for Developing Amazing Mobile Web Apps?
- If you’re planning to do Mobile Web App Development, then it requires detailed planning – You need to extensively research and identify your potential customer’s requirements and you have to plan on how you can meet those goals. You need to keep in mind every possibility when you’re building an app.
- You should build a progressive Web App if you can – Progressive web apps help enterprises to bridge the gap between web applications and native mobile apps. The new generation apps are developed with commonly used web technologies. Google promotes developers to build progressive web apps.
- Let Servers Do the Heavy Lifting – Processing and querying data server-side is much faster as the back end is very close to where your data is stored, even while the mobile application can be anywhere on the planet.
- Optimize performance of the Web Apps – 60% of users expect a site to load within 3 seconds on their mobile. You need to make your website load faster and perform better.You must therefore think carefully about how to reduce and optimize each byte and server transfer to reduce the user’s wait time.
- Use Chatbots as Customer Support Executives- Using chatbots is the go to trend nowadays, so you should definitely try it to improve your application’s quality.
- Abide by Standard Security Protocols and User Authentication Rules- No one has the ability to improve its website’s user experience without addressing security and privacy issues. The app must use the latest encryption mechanism to keep both user and corporate data secure. Leaving an app unprotected leaves crucial information exposed to the world which could be dangerous to your reputation.
- And finally, Debugging and Testing the Web App – Once you’re done with the app, you must test it and check for vulnerabilities before the final launch so that you can provide your customers with the best version of the mobile web app.
These pointers will surely help you get better results but if you’re looking for much more expertise to help you develop a Mobile Web App then PDA has got you. Our team of IT consultants will help you solve problems that would look like unfathomable to you.
Our position in IT is as an enabler of success, you need to adopt an agile mind-set and drive continuous integration, development and delivery.
If you choose to work with us and develop a Mobile Web App, make sure that you are ready to have millions of users.
We at Prime Data Analytics will be glad to help you.